The Global Platform on Climate Change, Trade and Sustainable Energy of ICTSD has the pleasure of sharing with you a new issue paper entitled "The Allocation of Emission Allowances Free of Charge: Legal and Economic Considerations".
The paper has been written by Dr Luca Rubini from the Birmingham Law School and by Ingrid Jegou, ICTSD.
This piece of research looks into the practice of using free allowances within an ETS, and analyses whether this can amount to a subsidy. The purpose is to shed light on a policy tool that is widely used, and to discuss whether it might conflict with trade and trade rules and thus with the opportunities of trade to contribute to sustainable development.
ICTSD and the authors of the paper hope that you will find the research useful, and welcome any feed-back and suggestions.
- You are currently subscribed to climate-l as: firstname.lastname@example.org
- View climate-l Forum: http://lists.iisd.ca/read/?forum=climate-l
- Membership options / Unsubscribe: http://lists.iisd.ca/read/?forum=climate-l
IISD is pleased to announce the launch of Sustainable Development Policy & Practice
A Knowledgebase of International Activities Preparing for the UN Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD, or Rio +20)http://uncsd.iisd.org/
We also invite you to subscribe: http://uncsd.iisd.org/about-the-uncsd-l-mailing-list/#subscribe_uncsd-l
to UNCSD-L and post: http://uncsd.iisd.org/about-the-uncsd-l-mailing-list/#postings_uncsd-l
your UNCSD-related activities on this community listserv.
- Subscribe / More Information: http://uncsd.iisd.org/about-the-uncsd-l-mailing-list/
- View UNCSD-L Forum: http://lists.iisd.ca/read/?forum=uncsd-l
- Subscribe to all other IISD Reporting Services' free newsletters and lists for environment and sustainable development policy professionals at http://www.iisd.ca/email/subscribe.htm