About the KSSPI(Korea Social Service Policy Institute
Who we are
The Korea Social Service Policy Institute is a think tank dedicated to improving the lives of Koreans through ideas and action. KSSPI combine bold policy ideas with a modern communications platform to help shape the national debate, challenge the media to cover the issues that truly matter. KSSPI work builds upon progressive ideals put forth and draw from the great social movements of the 20th century—from educational rights and environmental safety, to civil rights. We translate those values into new ideas and action firmly rooted in the economic and political realities of the 21st century.
Founded in 2008 & accredited by Minister of Labor as a nonprofit organization institute , KSSPI is headed by Kihan Lee, Professor of Law, KSSPI is designed to provide long-term leadership and support to the progressive movement. Our ability to develop thoughtful policy proposals and engage in the greenjob ideas is unique and effective.
Our policy experts cover a wide range of issue areas, and often work across disciplines to tackle complex, interrelated issues such as social service-public education service, green job, social enterprise, energy, and climate change. This year, KSSPI will be pushing to keep four leading issues at the center of the national debate:
■ Restoring Korea's global & environmental leadership to make Korea more secure and build a better education service.
■ Seizing the energy opportunity to create a decent, clean, innovation-led economy that supports a sustainable environment & green job.
■ Creating progressive growth that's robust and widely shared, and restoring economic opportunity and green job for all.
■ Delivering greenjob care so that quality, affordable educational services are available to all Koreans.
KSSPI Campaign Aims and Objectives
KSSPI executes the following projects for the attainment of its aim.
1. Study International Projects for Greenjob and global & environmental leadership
2. Establishment of the studies on International Projects of Social Conflicts, and Climate change issues,
3. Development of Projects for Public education service
4. Establishment of International Projects of Social Service and measures to Improve the Social Service Entrepreneurial System
4. Research of International Projects on the Demand of Human Resources for the Public education service
5. Launching International Projects Forums and Management of climate change Projects for Publication, Promotion, Educational Project, and Offering Information
6. Other Projects Conforming to the Aim of the KSSPI